RULES: make + break, making rules for critical play
Reference list of a talk I gave at the TH Köln as part of the KISDtalks (Program PDF) on Oct. 27th.
- Game of Life, John Conway, 1970
- 16-bit ALU in minecraft, theinternetftw, Sep. 2010
- assassin creed / paris photography, Damien Hypolite
- Modern Chess, Europe, 9th century
- GO, China, 2500 B.C.
- Backgammon, Iran, 3000 B.C.
- Skinner’s Box, B. F. Skinner, 1930s
“draw a straight line and follow it”
– Composition No.10, La Monte Young, 1960
- Zen for head, Nam June Paik, 1962
- A Line Made by Walking, Richard Long, 1967
- Wanderer, 2006
- CollecTic, 2006
- Duel42, 2015
- Thumbs Down, 2010
- smw.smc, 2012
- Paidia Laboratory: Feedback, 2011
How to make rules that enable critical play?
be implicit | create conflict & awareness | be social | reduce | break | reconstruct